News:

Discussion of psychoactive cacti and succulents

Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - ThoughtMechanic

#1
Personal Grow Logs / Re: Random cacti grow log
November 08, 2015, 04:28:47 PM
Nice collection!
#2
Quote from: anne halonium on October 15, 2015, 03:57:53 PM
we germ in open petri dishes on sand.
daily mist.
I like this idea, seems like sand would make it easier to monitor many plants.

Do you use washed sand or silica?
When you say "open" does that mean you don't bag them or wrap in plastic?
What germination rates are you getting?
How long do you keep them in the sand dishes?

Thanks again anne!
#3
Cultivation / My Lophophora williamsii (pics)
November 01, 2015, 05:48:29 PM
While, I am currently working on my new seedlings, it is a slow going process. I am hoping to learn a little more about grafting and hydro jars, like the ones Backyard-Chief posted. So I will be looking into that before my seedlings are big enough to graft. If anyone has any suggestions on this, I would love any input.

In the mean time, I just though I would share a picture of some of my older L. williamsii plants.
#4
Thanks. It would be easier w/ dmt-nexus if I actually had something useful to say. Mostly, I just read the forums. This is actually the first forum I have posted on in over five years.
#5
I recently have used 69ron's d-limo tek. It results in a very difficult to manage acetate. So in about 2 weeks I am going to make a first attempt at Kash's A/B extraction. I intended to ask my questions on dmt-nexus, but they don't allow post under the extractions area unless your a full member. So here are my questions, if anyone here has done this before.

1. When adding the Lye (step 5) it gets pretty hot. The recommend using a faucet to cool it. What is the best way to do this (safety-wise) ?

2. When adding HCl (step 8) to what strength should the HCl be diluted? (i currently have 37%)

3. When washing with MEK, does the MEK need to first be dried with epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) ?

Since this is not a complete tek, I didn't post it in the extractions section. I apologize if i put this in the wrong place.

Thanks!

#6

Thank you both!

I decided to go with Intelligent Light Source - GIY Series 24 - 50 watts (in germination mode it provides blue, red, and a little 6500k white light)
15" above the trays
Lights on 16/8
Heating pad on 14/10

I'll post updates on grow logs forums as it progresses.

If there is anyone else out there, please continue to post your methods/suggestions. This is my first time growing from seed.
#7
I will be starting my first round of L. Williamsii cacti from seed, grown indoors. I am very interested to know what lighting and heating methods the pros on this site are using.

What type (brand) of grow lights do you use?

Do you use heating pads?

What timing cycles for the lights? the heating pads?