News:

Discussion of psychoactive cacti and succulents

Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - HorribleHippie

#1
Looking beautiful!!! Great job!!!
#2
Thanks again! They're going good already. 20/30 germinated so far. :)
#3
Other Botanicals / Re: Argyreia Nervosa
February 17, 2015, 03:01:27 AM
I'd say they're pretty easy to root. I took 6 cuttings and had 3 root. Used rooting powder on the cuts and just put all 6 in a little pot of normal soil and kept moist/wet. Here they are.
#4
Doesn't sound crazy at all! :) Here's a (kind of) older pic of my Trichocereus peruvianus 'Matucana' that I sprouted and grafted. :)
#5
Hooray!!!! Thank you! Are they identified any further than peruvianus? Such as locale/clone? Thanks again!!!  :D
#6
Cultivation / Re: Pereskiopsis spathulata forest
January 19, 2015, 12:16:22 AM
With such young seedlings and using pereskiopsis, you don't need to anchor. Just lightly press down on it for a few seconds to ensure there is no air bubbles. Use humidity rather than anchoring. Keep them humid for around a week using whatever you have. You can also graft the bottom portion as well, leaving the (cleaned)root pointed up. It will grow strange at first, but eventually grow normally.
#7
General Discussion / Re: The Peyote Way Church Of God
January 17, 2015, 05:56:41 PM
That's very interesting, your 'law'. I like it. I've come up with a similar universal creed that would be of great benefit if it were adopted fully: "Strive to be comfortable without infringing upon the comfort of others." I think that most anything can be boiled down to comfort. We all want to be comfortable; but one is doing wrong to seek comfort at the expense of another's. I'd be interested to check out your religion(if you're serious about that), but not interested in joining, really. $40 per month is a bit steep for me. I'd like to look into it, though.   :)
#8
General Discussion / Re: The Peyote Way Church Of God
January 15, 2015, 08:00:13 AM
"Federal law prohibits possession of Peyote except to those who are members of the Native American Church (NAC) and can prove 25% Native American ancestry. However, the "bonafide religious use" of Peyote is exempted, regardless of race in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada and Oregon (by Supreme Court Judicial Consent—see Smith vs. Employment Division 1991). The American Indian Religious Freedom Act of 1996 protects members of the Native American Church from harassment nationally, but not cultivation of Peyote, as the NAC currently has no doctrine concerning cultivation. The Peyote Way Church is protected in these five states because cultivation of Peyote is an Article of Faith as an essential and inseparable part of our religious practice."
#9
I wanna enter!!!! Now, everyone, let's just keep it to 5 of us entered...  ;)
#10
General Discussion / The Peyote Way Church Of God
January 15, 2015, 07:51:18 AM
What are the thoughts on this? I think it is great that they allow any race to join, no one should be discriminated for race; for Anything, in my opinion.

....Quoted from their site: "The Peyote Way Church of God is a non-sectarian, multicultural, experiential, Peyotist organization located in southeastern Arizona, in the remote Aravaipa wilderness. It is not affiliated with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the Native American Church, or any other religious organizations, though we do accept people from all faiths. Church membership is open to all races. We encourage individuals to create their own rituals as they become acquainted with the great mystery. We believe that the Holy Sacrament Peyote, when taken according to our sacramental procedure and combined with a holistic lifestyle (see Word of Wisdom), can lead an individual toward a more spiritual life.

Peyote is currently listed as a controlled substance and its religious use is protected by Federal law only for Native American members of the Native American Church. Non-Indian Peyote use is protected in five states : AZ, NM, CO, NV, and OR. We do not have access to Peyote where it grows in South Texas and Mexico. As it is an endangered species, we believe an essential and inseparable part of our religious practice is the growing and stewardship of the Holy Sacrament Peyote."
#11
Other Botanicals / Acacia Simplex
January 15, 2015, 07:44:18 AM
Here's a picture of my Acacia simplex I sprouted a while back. It's about twice as big now.
#12
Looking very good! Mishaps happen, I recently dumped a bunch of trichocereus seedlings that size.
#13
What was that grafted to in the first pics on this thread? I can't make any sense of it(no offense). Did you graft a seedling to a seedling?